1. If you want to recover many copies of the target DNA, you will choose a vector
(a) which do not have ori gene
(b) which have antibiotic resistance gene
(c) whose ori supports high copy number
(d) which have ...
1. Select the correct statements) regarding green house effect.
(a) Much of the long wavelength infrared radiations re-radiated by the earth’s surface are absorbed by the atmospheric green house gases.
(b) C02, CH4, CFCs and N20 are the gases which ...
1. Which of the following is the function of enterogastrone?
(a) It inhibits the secretion of gastric juice.
(b) It stimulates the secretion of digestive juices in the stomach.
(c) It stimulates the flow of pancreatic juice.
(d) It regulates ...
1. The growth rate of a population can often be described with the logistic growth equation:
dN/dt = rN(K-N)/K
In this equation, N is the number of individuals, r is the intrinsic rate of natural increase and K is the ...
61. What is incineration?
(a) It is controlled aerobic combustion of wastes inside chambers at temperature 900-1300°C.
(b) It is anaerobic combustion inside chambers at a temperature of 1650°C.
(c) It is piling of waste on selected low lying land....
1. All monerans
(a) contain either DNA or RNA
(b) demonstrate a long circular strand of DNA not found enclosed in a nuclear membrane
(c) are photosynthetic bacteria
(d) all of these
2. Proteolytic enzymes do not corrode the lining of ...