1. Nistch was able to get strawberries of different shapes by
(a) splitting the ovary
(b) removing the perianth
(c) selectively removing some carpels
(d) inserting an alcohol dipped needle into the ovary.
2. Plants can be made ...
1. Steps taken by the Government of India to control air pollution include
(a) compulsory PUC (Pollution under control) certification of petrol driven vehicles which tests for carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons
(b) permission to use only pure diesel ...
1. Assertion : The volume of a gas is directly proportional to the number of moles of the gas.
Reason : The ratio of the volumes of the reactants to products are in agreement with their molar ratio....
1. In order to increase the excitability of a patch of neuronal cell membrane
(a) the number of Na+ and K+ channels should be increased
(b) the capacitance of the membrane should be increased
(c) the thickness of the ...
1. Find out the sequence of binding of the following amino acyl-t-RNA complexes during translation to an m-RNA transcribed by a DNA segment having the base sequence 3′ ATACCCATGGGG 5′. Choose the answer showing the correct order of alphabets.
1. A bioreactor is
(a) fermentation tank
(b) culture containing radioactive isotopes
(c) culture for synthesis of new chemicals
2. Blunt ends of passenger and vehicle DNA’s are joined by
(a) DNA polymerase I (b) RNA polymerase
1. Isolation of the genetic material (DNA)
• In order to cut the DNA with restriction enzymes, it needs to be in pure form, free from other macromolecules.
• The DNA enclosed within the membranes has to be ...