Study skills and methods to crack medical entrance exams
Do you feel any of the below situations are for you -
- you are stressed, tensed or worried about studies?
- studying is hard painful, difficult,boring and is a struggle?
- you can’t concentrate on studies and want to focus more?
- you lack motivation or interest to study?
- you have poor memory and need to enhance it?
- you think you need to study more?
- you think being a student is hard work!
- you should avoid cramming and develop will power?
Then there is a nice story which can help you out from the above scenarios:
Once a giant ship engine failed, the ship owners tried one expert after another. But none of them could figure out how to fix the engine. Then they caleld an external consultant who had been fixing ships since he was young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, on arrival he inspected the engine thoroughly…very carefullu, top to bottom. Two of the ship owners were there, wathcing this man hoping he would know what to do.
After thorough inspection, the consultant reached his tool kit and pulled out a small hammer, and then gently tapepd something. Instantly the engine came to lufe. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed and the ship owners were happy. A week later, the ship owners recieved a bill from the consultant from $10,000. The ship owners were surprised at the fees and wrote a note saying, ‘please send an itemised bill’. The consultant replied with an itemised bill, which says the following items charged:
1.Tapping with a hammer – $2
2. Knowingwhere to tap – $9,998
So, work smart & sharp, rather than blind hard work. Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort makes all the difference in study skills!
What dows smart work mean?
Applying the effort in the right place.
Doing the work in the right way
Using the mind, sharpening the axe for the best possible result with least effort.