Let us Gain Resistance to Anaemia
Anemia is a condition which arises due to reduction in the number of oxygen carrying red blood cells, thus leading to the reduced supply of Oxygen to body organs. Before we try to understand Anemia, we need to briefly analyze what is the process which is solely responsible for this disorder. RBC also known as Red Blood Cells, which give red color to the blood, contain a complex molecule called ‘hemoglobin‘, which separates Oxygen from the air we breath and carries it several organs of the body. The whole process is mediated by the king of the organs,” the heart”. While hemoglobin has Oxygen bound to it, it has a deep red color, and when the oxygen is released to the cells of the body it gains dark blue color. Before we move ahead we need have this process clear to make ourselves aware of the consequences of this disorder.
We can call this a disorder rather than a disease because, it is caused by the deficiency of Iron (in most cases), vitamin B12 and folic acid. In other cases it may be caused due to a genetic or inherited disorder, chronic illness which may disrupt intake of nutritious food or prolonged intake of antibiotics.
Moreover Anemia can be classified into three types based on amount of blood loss, i.e.
a) Hemorrhage ( excessive blood loss)
b) Hemolysis (excessive red blood cell destruction)
c) Deficiency in hematopoiesis i.e the process of blood formation
* Breathlessness, tiredness, giddiness and fast palpitations.
* Pale appearance of the skin
* Fainting frequently
* A weak and fast pulse
* Inflammation of the tongue and cracks at the corners of mouth
* Nervous disorders, depression, decreased brain functions
* Difficulty in walking or doing any work etc.,
Natural Treatment of Anemia :
* Have two boiled eggs daily, and make sure you have a light exercise for these eggs to be digested. The reformation of blood differs from person to person, but the person should not worry if he observes dark or black colored feces due to this diet.
* About 100 ml of beet juice intake will help to regain the iron deficiency as it is rich in iron.
* Sufficient intake of vegetables and fruits like spinach, lettuce, wood apple , Fenugreek, grapes in any natural form without cooking proves helpful in combating anemia.
Apart from the above mentioned natural remedies, it is really important to consult a doctor and undergo proper medication under medical supervision, this way we ensure that we practice good health habits by having healthy diet as well reduce any complications arising out of anemia.